Re: Q to Mehdi: safe and fun

Hi Tiago,

> > It seems that Debian has not yet managed to get rid of the “But he does
> > good work” mentality.
>
> [..] I'd like to hear both candidates about this matter.

Unfortunately I've nothing insightful to chime in with here except the
rather trite remark that doing good work is no justification for poor
etiquette, let alone anything more damaging to people or the project's
goals.

I had a few long conversations on this topic in general recently with
folks like Nadia Eghbal, Deb Nicholson et. al which made me feel
optimistic that it is possible for free software culture to evolve.

Perhaps it will take longer in Debian given our relative vintage but it,
doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Best wishes,

--
      ,''`.