Re: Proposed GR: Acknowledge difficulty of declassifying debian-private

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 07:14:39PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Iain Lane <laney@debian.org>, 2016-09-20, 17:54:
> > There shall be no declassification of any portion of the debian-private
> > archives, except when the authors of all material being declassified
> > have explicitly consented,
>
> So far so good...
>
> > or the author is quoting only his or her own text.
>
> Huh?
>
> So it would be okay to declassify someone's message without their consent as
> long as they didn't quote other people in this message?

I'm trying but I can't understand what you are trying to say here. Are
you talking about leaking the fact that somebody replied to your own
text by publishing their mail with all of their text removed and only
your own quote remaining?

It is there because the "[s]o far so good" clause contains the word
'explicitly', and it is absurd to have to explicitly grant yourself
permission to quote your own text.

Feel free to suggest some alternative wording.

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@debian.org ]