Re: GR proposal: remove obsolete reference to CDs from SC

On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 2:04 AM, Jakub Wilk wrote:

> While we could update the wording to say s/CD/optical medium/ (or
> something similar), SC seems like an odd place to give Debian redistributors
> legal advice.

I would have thought something like this would be best:

We encourage redistributors to read the licenses of the packages in
these areas and determine if they can distribute the packages.

Alternately, we should probably ensure that package licenses in
non-free allow mirrors and CD vendors to redistribute the packages.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise