Re: Proposed GR: Repeal the 2005 vote for declassification of the debian-private mailing list

Lars Wirzenius dijo [Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 11:27:31AM +0300]:
> On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 11:15:05PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > 1. The 2005 General Resolution titled "Declassification of debian-private
> >    list archives" is repealed.
>
> If we're going to have another discussion and vote about this, I
> think it might be good to vote with a full spectrum of choices on the
> ballot.
> * (...)

I agree, if we had had several options, *anything* other than FD might
have won. If we had Don's sensible proposal *in addition* to Nicolas'
original, the vote would have distributed between said options. So,
please, if you have any alternative wordings and results, once (if?)
this gets enough seconds, do propose further ballot options.

The reason I pushed Nicolas' original proposal again is that I believe
that we can acknowledge ten years ago we *tried* to follow a nice
process that goes well with our collective intentions, but
failed. Recording it as failed does not mean we cannot try any new
options, it only means we acknowledge reality (and are not
hypocritically leading people to believe we intend to implement a
process that has proven impossible to).

> (I don't expect to participate in this GR further. I might vote.)

OK. So, if you don't, others, please do.

Of course, if Further Discussion wins again, I don't think I will lead