Re: Proposed GR: Acknowledge that the debian-private list will remain private

* Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> [2016-07-07 16:15:44 +0200]:

> * Nicolas Dandrimont <olasd@debian.org>, 2016-07-07, 15:37:
> >=== BEGIN GR TEXT ===
> >
> >Title: Acknowledge that the debian-private list will remain private.
> >
> >1. The 2005 General Resolution titled "Declassification of debian-private
> >list archives" is repealed.
> >2. In keeping with paragraph 3 of the Debian Social Contract, Debian
> >Developers are strongly encouraged to use the debian-private mailing list
> >only for discussions that should not be disclosed.
> >
> >=== END GR TEXT ===
>
> The title says "Acknowledge", but there is no such acknowledgement in the
> rest of the text.
>
> If you want -private remain private forever, say so explicitly.

I don't think that we need to state whether debian-private needs to stay
private or not in a GR.

The acknowledgement is about failing to implement the existing GR, being honest
about it, and to let us move on from it.

I would welcome the mails from the early days of -private to become public, as
some of them are of invaluable historical importance. That doesn't need to be
decided by GR.

Thanks,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont