Entrepreneurial freedom for the Debian Partners Programme

Dear about-to-be-DPL,

I know discussion period is over but Lucas encouraged me to post
this now, so blame him.

We've had a discussion over on -project about the revival of the
Debian Partners Programme, which I hijacked into meta-level.
tl;dr would be: while I am interested and want to work on this,
I would only do so with enough "rope", which I call "entrepreneurial
freedom".

The thread is here:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2015/03/threads.html#00025

and I am particularly interested in how you would respond as DPL to
my last two messages (Lucas reply included in the middle for
completeness):

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2015/03/msg00031.html
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2015/03/msg00032.html
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2015/03/msg00035.html

PS:

In this context, let me quickly also highlight my response to Paul
Wise, who doesn't want Debian to turn into an "advertising agency":

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2015/03/msg00036.html

I am fully aware that this is a contentious topic and the only way
the project would succeed is if people can identify with it. There
must not be any "sell-out" and we must not acquire more money than
we can reasonably use towards the improvement of Debian.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"when a gentoo admin tells me that the KISS principle is good for
 'busy sysadmins', and that it's not an evolutionary step backwards,
 i wonder whether their tape is already running backwards."