Re: Strategic Voting Re: General resolution: Changes to the Standard Resolution Procedure

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 02:43:04PM +0000, Sam Hartman wrote:
> In conclusion, endless discussion is not a win.  And I think this
> strategic voting fix may bring us there.  If I were to put together an
> amendment that fixed the strictly greater issue but did not tackle the
> strategic voting issue, would people second?

Absolutely.

Let's not fix issues unless they exist. I don't think the "strategic
voting" issue exists in Debian, and so I don't think we should try to
"fix" it.

I accept that the off-by-one "error" exists for the TC, although I think
the easier fix is to require a 2:1 supermajority for cases where the TC
currently requires a 3:1 supermajority; this would again reduce the
required number of votes to be more in line with what is indeed a more
workable number for the TC, while not changing the semantics for regular
GRs.

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26