Re: Q to all candidates: dropping SC §5

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 12:07:07AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 11:53:20PM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> > This is part of our history now and we can surely learn from past
> > experiences to be able to handle similar situations better in the
> > future.
>
> So, you got me curious: what do you think could have been handled better
> in the debian-multimedia case?

- Further discussion with people behind $some project

- Broader communication from the project that $some project is not
affiliated to Debian and doesn't share our goals/ideas/etc... This
includes but not limited to:
  * Wiki Page
  * d-d-a mail
  * Dent/twitter (not back then, sure :)
  * mention in the release notes
  * mails in various user communities

- Get them not to use "debian" in the name of their project

- Get tech-ctte involved, if all parties are Debian members.

though not all of the above points could have been tried 10 years ago
but those can be used in the future, if needed. But as I said, it was
a learning experience and we should keep it in mind to avoid in the
future.

--
Mehdi Dogguy