Re: GR proposal, Call for Seconds - term limit for the tech-ctte

On 01/12/14 at 15:43 -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Yes.  The goal of the proposals is to turn over approximately two per year and
> we've just lost three, so I think that's reasonable.

Proposal 1 (Stefano's) puts a lot of emphasis on the removal of the two
most senior members. Imagine for a second that we had passed that
resolution at some point in 2013:
- on 2014-01-01, Ian and Bdale are set for expiry on 2014-12-31
- in 2014-11, Ian resigns, as well as Colin and Russ
- on 2014-12-31, Bdale's membership still expires

Is that the behaviour we want for the future? Maybe. But it results in
*at least two replacements per year* (more than two if there are
resignations or removals of members that are not among the two most
senior).

Lucas