Re: [DRAFT] Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 07:51:16PM +0000, Philip Hands wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> writes:
> > - only resignations from people who would have been expired count in S
> FWIW I think either of those deals with the concerns I raised, as it's
> going to be way too much effort to game that, and I cannot see why
> anyone would want to bother to do so.

I think:

  On Jan 1st of each year the term of any Committee member who has served
  more than 42 months (3.5 years) and who is one of the two most senior
  members is set to expire on Dec 31st of that year.

would work as a description of that approach. Seems like a pretty good
compromise between '2' and '2-R'.

Also, it makes the arbitrarily chosen constant 42, which is always a
good thing.

As far as gaming goes: the only way your resignation forces someone else's
term to expire earlier is if you resign at least a year before your term
would otherwise have expired; there's no way for less senior members to
affect your term expiry, whether you try to annoy them or bribe them.

Cheers,
aj