Re: Re: Legitimate exercise of our constitutional decision-making processes [Was, Re: Tentative summary of the amendments]

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 06:07:20PM +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> Is systemd the problem or is the GNOME Desktop Environment[0] ?

Could you maybe address this within GNOME first instead of on Debian?
Going to Debian because you have a concern within GNOME seems rather
counter productive. First raise it within GNOME, not use Debian to raise
things.

>   o The GNOME Desktop needs D-Bus interfaces to bring event based
>     notifications to the Desktop Environment.

You're skipping the entire bit where logind does something with ttys.
Functionality that is used for Wayland. In any case, this could all be
so much easier if there was actual communication going on.

Deciding something via a GR is a one off shot.

--
Regards,
Olav