Re: Legitimate exercise of our constitutional decision-making processes [Was, Re: Tentative summary of the amendments]

Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> Fedora actually is not that decisive, as far as I read here -
> https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/243

That ticket turned down the suggested policy of "packages MUST NOT
support sysvinit".  That doesn't mean "packages MUST support sysvinit",
or "packages MUST NOT depend on systemd".

The Fedora policy: "Packages may also provide a SysV initscript file,
but are not required to do so."

- Josh Triplett