Re: Legitimate exercise of our constitutional decision-making processes [Was, Re: Tentative summary of the amendments]

(Dropping -project)

Le mardi, 28 octobre 2014, 17.26:32 Ian Jackson a écrit :
> Thanks to Steve for his perceptive and well-reasoned article.
>
> Steve Langasek writes:
> > There are also a lot of Debian users who are afraid of what the
> > future holds for an OS that they love very much; and they deserve
> > to have that cloud of fear removed from over their heads, to be
> > given closure, even if that closure brings the certainty that they
> > will part ways with Debian rather than being reconciled to it.
>
> There is a big point I wanted to make apropos, roughly, of this:
>
> If this vote goes against the users and derivatives who don't want to
> use systemd, those people will have nowhere to go.

It would be nice (and, I think, more honest) if you refrained from
framing this GR as a "vote in favour or against the (people) who don't
want to use systemd": your amendment doesn't say anything in this
regard, and none of the others say so either. By framing the GR in this
light, it seems to me that you're trying to paint anyone not voting your
proposal first as "against non-systemd users", which I feel as unfair
and dishonest.

Several amendments in this GR are indeed saying "whoever doesn't want to
use systemd in Debian should be putting up the work to make it happen",
but none of that is "voting against the (people) who don't want to use
systemd".

OdyX