Re: Tentative summary of the amendments

Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@gmail.com> wrote:
        So you want to force everyone to use systemd

No, I want every package to work with the default init system. Those who
only use packages that work with another init system, can use it.

        (by breaking enough
        software so that Debian becomes unusable with another init)?

You are assuming bad faith. This is exactly the kind of behavior that
makes this discussion unbearable for many fellow developers.

        There
        have been, are and will be people with different requirements that
        systemd does not and will not satisfy.

Which requirements are not satisfied by systemd? I’m pretty sure the
upstream systemd developers would be willing to do what’s necessary to
satisfy those users.

--
Joss