Re: Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:55:34AM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> The same applies to many upstream developers, they develop software
> mainly for themselves, not the users, see for example the latest
> development of Gnome. The only way to change this is by creating a large
> enough user group taking side by refusing to use software that is going
> in the wrong direction and promote alternatives.

This is not a "I don't like the GNOME developers" mailing list. "Going
in the wrong direction": opinion, not fact. Obviously you can use
something other than GNOME, I'd appreciate not generalizing the hundreds
people who contribute to GNOME.

Similarly, turning not being able to vote into "Debian doesn't care for
it's users": You're free to make your case. Convince others.
That'll probably be appreciated way more than negativity.

--
Regards,
Olav