Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

I think rotation is a good idea. My main minor concern is that it
doesn't allow reappointing members to the CTTE if there are no
nominees whom the DPL and CTTE finds acceptable (or even if there are no
nominees at all).

Not allowing people to be reappointed if there are nominees and they're
just not acceptable may be a design goal, but not allowing reappointment
if there are no nominees does not.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014, Anthony Towns wrote:
> +   <li>
> +    <p>A Developer is not eligible to be appointed to the Technical Committee
> +    if they have been a member within the previous 12 months.</p>
> +   </li>
> +

[...]

> +
> +   <li>
> +    <p>Membership of the Technical Committee is automatically reviewed
> +    on the 1st of January of each year. At this time, any member of the
> +    Technical Committee who was most recently appointed 54 or more months
> +    prior will ordinarily have their term automatically expire. However,
> +    a member's term may be extended until the next review provided

Probably should be "will be extended" instead of "may be extended".

> +    there are at least two other members, each of whom who either (a)
> +    are a current, longer serving member of Technical Committee, or (b)
> +    resigned from the Technical Committee, or were removed or replaced
> +    since the previous review.</p>
> +
> +    <p><cite>When the Committee is fully populated, it is expected this
> +    will result in a turnover of 1 or 2 members each year, whether by
> +    resignation or term expiry, while allowing senior members to stay
> +    on if a junior member resigns.</cite></p>
> +   </li>
>  </ol>

There was also some discussion of this during the CTTE meeting too:

http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-ctte/2014/debian-ctte.2014-07-31-16.58.log.html

Thanks for drafting this.

Miracles had become relative common-places since the advent of
entheogens; it now took very unusual circumstances to attract public
attention to sightings of supernatural entities. The latest miracle
had raised the ante on the supernatural: the Virgin Mary had
manifested herself to two children, a dog, and a Public Telepresence
Point.
 -- Bruce Sterling, _Holy Fire_ p228