Re: Proposed amendement: be more careful when proposing a GR.

Le Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 12:37:19PM +0200, Matthias Urlichs a écrit :

> Charles Plessy:
> > The Debian project asks its members to be more considerate when proposing
> > General Resolutions, and in particular to take care that the proposed GR has
> > actual chances to be accepted, considering that GRs is a disruptive process
> > regardless the outcome of the vote.
> >
> Slightly reworded:
>

> The Debian project asks its members to be considerate when proposing
> General Resolutions, as the GR process may be disruptive regardless
> of the outcome of the vote.
>
> In particular, a proposed GR should have an actual chance of being accepted.

Thanks Matthias, for the rewording.

Are there people willing to second this reworded version ?

Whichever the result of this GR, the people who did not want it will lose: at
the very minimum, we lose our time.  And to reject the initial proposal, we
will have to either vote for “further discussion” while not being interested in
disussing further, or for a status quo proposal that can be twisted and misused
if it is not worded perfectly.

This is why I am proposing this amendement, to say: “this GR was a bad idea,
please do not do it again”.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy