Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

Hi Ian,

Ian Jackson writes:
> 2. Loose coupling of init systems
>
>   In general, software may not require a specific init system to be
>   pid 1.  The exceptions to this are as follows:

Could you change the formulation here?

Several people seem to understand this as "must work with *all* init
systems"; however as far as I understood from earlier discussions you
only want to forbid depending on *one* specific init system, that is
dependencies like init-A | init-B would still be allowed.

Ansgar