Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

Ian Jackson writes ("Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems"):
> ** Begin Proposal **

I am considering making an amendment to this along the lines below.

Please let me know ASAP what you think.  Feel free to use private
email.  Especially, I would like to hear from:

 - People who seconded the original version: are you satisfied
   that with these amendments it still does the job ?

 - Lucas and people who have seconded Lucas's version, or who are
   opposed to the GR on timing grounds: would this go far enough for
   you to support my version, or feel Lucas's alternative is
   unnecessary ?

I intend to make a decision about this in the next 36-48h.  I will
send a copy of this by private email to my seconders.

> 2. Loose coupling of init systems

Insert new numbered section:

 3. As far as we are aware there are currently (17th of October) no
    bugs in jessie which would be declared RC by this GR.

    Given the late passage of this resolution, we expect that any
    intractable bugs which are RC by virtue only of this resolution
    would be tagged by the release team as `jessie-ignore'.

    So this proposal is not thought to add blockers to the jessie
    release.

And renumber section 3 to 4.

Thanks,
Ian.