Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

On Friday 17 October 2014 12:11 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> And for what exactly? Gnome right now is installable with systemd-shim +
> sysvinit, why can't this GR wait until after release when the dust has
> settled?

The world isn't just GNOME.

> This is a GR based on rumors, which is very sad.

Now for me. systemd may be a good linux-only tool. But for Debian, as a
project, for something as fundamental as an  init, sticking to it is not
a wise choice. If the project wants to do that, knock off all the
non-Linux efforts first.

As a base foundation, our choices should be things which are wide enough
to embrace all our sub projects. Why didn't we do the same with
network-manager ?

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com