All DPL candidates: DPL Term lengths and limits?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: All DPL candidates: DPL Term lengths and limits?
- From: Brian Gupta <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:54:50 -0400
- Message-id: <CACFaiRxE+xfWjzhR2ART_8iSOZgyfJeYAL4BBXjV=EsxNwZytQ@mail.gmail.com>
I know this has been raised in elections past, but any thoughts on the
current one-year DPL terms, and unlimited terms allowed? If thoughts
are geared toward change do you have any plans to actively try to
change the status quo?
I ask because it seems that a lot of energy is devoted to the election
every year that might be directed towards other parts of the project.
One idea that I thought showed promise was the idea of two year terms,
but at the ~10.5 month mark the standing DPL had to confirm they were
serving the second half of their term, or an election would
automatically be triggered.
Obviously any changes discussed/proposed would not impact this election.