Re: GR: Selecting the default init system for Debian

Le dimanche, 19 janvier 2014, 12.39:01 Ian Jackson a écrit :
> Russ Allbery writes ("Re: GR: Selecting the default init system for
Debian"):
> > As a TC member, I dislike the supermajority requirement for the
> > project to overturn a TC decision by GR, particularly in this case.
> >  I think we would all be extremely unhappy if the TC voted one way
> > on the default init system and the project then voted a different
> > way by a 60% majority.
>
> I agree.  I think that would be quite bad.  We could explicitly state
> in our TC resolution that the TC decision can be vacated by General
> Resolution on a simple majority.

I don't think our constitution allows a resolution of the TC to change
how §4.1.4 has to be interpreted for a GR overriding it[0]. It would
certainly need to be checked with the secretary (CC'ed, just in case).

Cheers,
OdyX

[0] If §4.1.4 stood with something along the lines of "unless the TC
explicitly lowered that requirement", that would be different, of
course.