Re: leader2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 07:09:50PM +0200, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> > <quote>
> > NOTE: The vote must be GPG signed (or PGP signed) with your key that
> > is in the Debian keyring.
> > </quote>
>
> This is wrong (at least for some definitions of wrong).

Well, yes, it is, but just because, traditionally (as in "10 years
ago"), we used to have only one keyring and back then being a Debian
Developer corresponded to have a key in that keyring.  These days things
are technically more complex and depending on what you do in the Project
your key will show up in different keyrings.

But there is still only one notion of project membership, which the
Constitution calls interchangeably "being a Debian Developer" and "being
a Debian Project Member".  Those FWIW are the terms I think we should
stick to. Both DAM and the NM people at large have done a great job at
uniforming terminology in our documentation on "project member"
(e.g. the "New [project] Member process"), but unfortunately the term
"non-uploading DD"---which I agree with you is not nice due to a
pejorative connotation---is struggling to survive.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .