Re: [all candidates] Removing or limiting DD rights?

On 02-04-13 19:53, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Chris Knadle writes ("Re: [all candidates] Removing or limiting DD rights?"):
>> The #1 kind of bug reports that become problems are ones that go like this:
>>
>>   - bug reporter: writes polite and detailed bug report
>>   - maintainer  : *cloeses bug* without discussion
>>                   (usually within the first hour of the bug's existence)
> I agree that this is annoying for the submitter.  I also agree that
> this is not the best situation for us to be in.
>
> But I think that the maintainer is entitled to do this.

I disagree.

The maintainer is entitled to close the bug, yes. But not without
explanation. A minimum of courtesy requires that you explain why a bug
is invalid, or wrong, or whatever, before you close it.

Anything else is rude to the bug submitter.

[...]
> If the closure happens by merging with a closed report, I would hope
> that the other bug would help explain the situation.
True, but then the bug isn't closed without explanation.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy
requires you to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once,