Re: to DPL candidates: getting new people to Debian

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 11:21:05AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote [edited]:
> But asking students to contribute to Debian during university projects is quite
> difficult (I have thought about it numerous times, but never found a
> good-enough idea).  it would be interesting to share feedback on that, to
> identify and suppress potential blockers.

If you refer to university students in some software-related discipline: have
you considered assignments for the preparation of patches for wishlist bugs in
native and pseudo-packages (eg. infra-related sw projects)?

More generally, I think that our needs for native development are not nearly
as well advertised as are those for packaging-related work (WNPP).

--
Every great idea is worthless without someone to do the work. --Neil Williams