Re: General Resolution: Diversity statement

On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 05:57:40PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> So, in order to have a definitive conclusion on this matter, shouldn't
> it be included in the actual GR text, or as an alternative, or as an
> amendment?

The only text subject to vote is the one that will be in the GR.
Everything else is non normative.

That said, the voted text will remain accessible from
http://www.debian.org/vote/ as future memory of what the project as
voted upon, together with all other resolutions.

That would not stop to publish stuff like translations of the statement
on www.debian.org , pretty much as the fact that the Constitution itself
has been published upon hasn't (luckily!) stopped translation of it to
be published.

Similarly, and considering that the resolution procedure already takes
into account "make changes to correct minor errors (for example,
typographical errors or inconsistencies) or changes which do not alter
the meaning, providing noone objects within 24 hours", I hope similar
changes could be accepted on the website if they'll ever be spotted. If
any fellow Debian Bureaucrat [1] would not consider that acceptable, I'm
pretty sure they will take the liberty to start a GR to stop the actions
of the (evil) WWW team who is trying to subvert a previous GR.

Yes, we do have a rigid Constitution that, in this particular case, is
forcing us to vote on something that was already consensual on -project.
Within that limits, let's try to keep things simple.

Cheers.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2012/04/msg00000.html