Re: About debian-companies

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 10:00:14PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you might have read that Stefano is trying to organize
> discussions/collaboration between companies that have a strategic interest
> in Debian:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-companies/
>
> Wouter and Gergely, what do you think of this project ? Would you continue
> to promote it if elected ?

As a co-owner of a company that offers Debian support (amongst others),
I was initially interested in this. However, the requirements exclude my
company (there's only one DD here, me).

I think it's sad to limit participation to such a list to "companies
that employ multiple Debian Developers", and I don't think that serves
much purpose; Expertise in using and supporting Debian isn't limited to
those who've taken the step to become a Debian Developer.

Having said that, there's an obvious conflict of interest in me changing
the rules of that mailinglist, so I won't interfere. But I'm not very
supportive of it either.

the following formula:

pi zz a