Re: Gergely and Wouter: on the need of becoming a DPL

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 05:26:55PM -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Reading zack's platform, it makes me wonder why would you (Gergely and
> Wouter) actually need to be elected as a DPL to do what you mention on your
> platforms. Especially Wouter: you even state that you want to do some things
> the way zack has been doing them.

Indeed, because I won't deny that Stefano has been a very good DPL.

But that doesn't mean there aren't things I think could be done
differently. For instance, I think Stefano is focusing a bit too much on
procedural things, rather than on the fact that we're a bunch of people.

> So, the questions are:
> * Why do you think you need to be elected as a DPL to do what you propose?

While I do definitely want to do some things similar to the way
Stefano's been doing them (mostly in the area of communication), there
are some things I would like to see the DPL do differently. I can't very
well do DPL stuff if I'm not the DPL (or, at least, not make sure things
happen differently -- I /could/ help out Stefano, should he get elected,
though I'm not sure I would, because I don't think I can make a
difference as a 'helper').

> * If not elected, would you pursue your goals anyway?

Probably not, because it would be difficult to do that.

> * If zack was re-elected, would you follow his initiative to share DPL
> activities with others?

As above, I don't think I can make much of a difference as a DPL helper.
As the DPL, I would be able to make my own choices and decisions. As a
DPL's helper, I would need to implement someone else's choices, which is
a significant difference.

the following formula:

pi zz a