Question for Stefano & Debian: opportunities lost and challenges for the future?

Hi all,

Cast your mind back 5 years and forward 5 years.

What important opportunities have we missed out on? What important
things™ have we left by the roadside to our detriment? Which roads
have lead us astray? Why did we miss those and how can we notice
similar things in the future?

What are our current deficiencies and shortcomings that are not
receiving as much attention as they could be?

What challenges are coming? Are we ready for them? Where should the
universal OS go tomorrow? What changes could we make now to enable us
to tackle future challenges?

--
bye,
pabs