Re: Three common voting errors - how to avoid them

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I get bitten by this every time and it drives me nuts. I realize
> that the point of sending out the ballot before the opening of
> voting is so that, if there are last minute errors, they can be
> corrected before any votes are counted, but my reaction upon seeing
> the ballot is always to vote right away.

Probably it'd be enough to send the preliminary ballot to -vote, with
an appropriate reply-to set[1], but just reject any messages to the
address. When the voting period starts, send the final ballot to
-announce using at or similar.

Don Armstrong

1: maybe also
or similar.
(toilet -f pagga draft)
--
I now know how retro SCOs OSes are. Riotous, riotous stuff. How they
had the ya-yas to declare Linux an infant OS in need of their IP is