Re: What exactly is this GR supposed to do?

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org> wrote:
> My main problem with this text is that while it may fit to the current
> realities, it makes no sense from a formalistic point of view, as large
> parts of the text seem to imply there was no way for non-packagers yet
> and there were no procedures for that.

Answering the subject question will probably clear the whole thing.
This GR is supposed to show if there is or is not project wide
consensus regarding giving non-packagers voting rights+@debian.org
addresses, without giving them upload rights.

This is something that is currently possible, and the GR doesn't
actually establish any processes.  It only encourages DAM to do it.

This is all due to the fact that DAM had already tried something along
these lines and was stopped, due mainly to a problem in communication.
 So, this is a start over, saying that the project acknowleges and
supports DAMs in implementing this.

In other words, the GR is not actually needed, it's just a show of
support.  And I wholeheartedly support it.

--
Besos,
Marga