Re: GR: welcome non-packaging contributors as Debian project members

Stefano Zacchiroli scrisse:

> The Debian project therefore invites the Debian Account Managers to:
>
> * Endorse the idea that contributors of non-packaging work might
> become Debian Developers without upload rights to the Debian archive.
> These new developers shall be recognized as Debian Contributors (DC).
>
> * Establish procedures to evaluate and accept Debian Contributors.
>
> * Initiate the appropriate technical measures to enable Debian
>   Contributors to participate in Debian decision making and to access
>   Debian infrastructure.

As we still remember the big "on terminology" thread[0] and we don't
want here to create more confusion nor to start the big renaming race,
I think it will be better to leave terminology out of this GR, as this
will introduce even more ambiguity: aren't sponsored packagers
debian contributors(lowercase) too?

I'd thus propose not to call them Debian Contributors (DC) now, and let
NM/DAM team pick an appropriate name when reforming the procedures.

Ciao, Luca

[0] http://lists.debian.org/<4C2E569B.9030408@debian.org>

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno (kaeso)
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org