Re: Question to all candidates: How would you enforce Debian Community Guidelines?

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 05:26:36PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 06:47:13PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > However, as one of my initial actions as DPL, I do intend to submit a
> > post to debian-devel-announce with a set of guidelines for people to
> > follow when flamewars happen (and when they don't, in order to avoid
> > them).
> Why is sending such a mail conditional on you being elected DPL?
> How would the content of this mail differ from such a mail if you sent it as
> non-DPL, and why?

"Hi, I'm J. Random Developer, and I encourage all of you to abide by
these rules"

"Hi, I'm the DPL, and I encourage all of you to abide by these rules"

I don't think the former would work very well; but I believe the latter

trying to fool the system.