Re: Question for all candidates: Release process

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:

> Regarding my proposal, that is internal to Debian, I do not think that it is
> impossible. What I propose is a way for package maintainers to signal that
> their package is peripheral in the Debian system, in an opt-in manner. Debian
> is running out of manpower, and I think that it will be useful to let know that
> a given package can be given a low priority for tasks. In my experience,
> trivial RC bugs on not-so important packages attract volunteers because it is
> very rewarding to close RC bugs. Also, I learnt a lot by participating to the
> ‘bug sprint’ organised by Josselin for Lenny, that we should not be discouraged
> to challenge a bug that is far beyond our technical capacities, because help
> like triaging and pinging the reporters is very useful and frees skilled hands
> that are much more useful at other tasks. So in my opinion, not all RC bugs are
> equal, and a better priority system would be useful to help volunteers to chose
> their focus.

Does popcon not already provide a way to order packages based on
importance? rc-alert has both options for sorting bugs by both local &
global popcon score.

If not, what criteria would you suggest we use to prioritise RC bugs?
Should we change bts.turmzimmer.net to use that for ordering?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise