Re: Question for the other candidates: supermajority.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 05:16:33PM +0000, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> That not withstanding, there is still a legitimate point here. What
> happens when an amendment is proposed which has different majority
> requirements to the others? What happens when the secretary and the
> proposer disagree about the majority requirements?

This has happened before. The secretary adjudicates any disputes about
interpretation of the constitution.
I would suggest that in future, it doesn't get this far by a proposer
asking the secretary for their probable view *first* if they're
proposing anything which may require a supermajority.

Or anyone could simply ask the secretary for advice about any GR, and
I'm sure they'd receive a comment about phrasing/legitamacy/quorate etc.

Neil
--
<weasel> dpkg: shut up
<dpkg> No, I won't, and you can't make me. :P