Re: Q for all candidates: (Old) Architecture Support

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:02:56AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> By the way, I would like to react to one of Wouter's comment, that package
> maintainers should fix the porting bugs themselves.

I didn't mean to imply that, and if it came across as such, I would like
to apologise.

What I meant to say is that if there is an architecture-specific problem
in one of your packages, you should actively work towards its
resolution. Sometimes this may mean debugging and fixing it yourself;
sometimes this may mean asking a porter to help you with it. But it
should not mean (and that was my main point) ignoring the bug "because
it's not a release architecture, anyway". That happened rather often to
the m68k port in its final days on the Debian archives, and it was not
helpful.

trying to fool the system.