Re: Question to all Candidates: Heated discussions

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 02:40:32AM +0000, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> Hello =)
> Sometimes technical Debian discussions (mailing lists, bug reports,
> blog posts, etc.) become personal flame-wars.

> Do you think current frequency/amount of heated discussions is
> acceptable for the Debian project?

I believe no amount of ad-hominem discussion is acceptable. I do believe
heated arguments are acceptable, but it should not go personal; i.e.,
the difference between "this is a silly argument, because <reasoning>"
and "don't be silly".

> What would you do to reduce those?

I go into that in quite some detail in my platform.

To summarize: I encourage people to (politely) challenge people on what
should be unacceptable behaviour but (in our community) isn't, yet, and
will do so myself.

trying to fool the system.