Re: Question to all Candidate: In ten years...

Le Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 02:35:28AM +0000, Dmitrijs Ledkovs a écrit :
> Hello =)
>
> Please finish "In ten years I'd like Debian...."

Dear Dmitrijs,

In ten years I'd like Debian to be mainstream. Our biggest competitor is not
the proprietary operating systems anymore, it is all the closed-source gratis
online applications. Debian, as a universal operating system that provides the
applications on the server and the tools to access them on the terminal, is a
necessary answer to that threat. In 10 years, when people say “I am using
Debian”, I would like that they mean that Debian is powering both ends of the
software chain they use, that they chose it because the software is free,
because they trust our Project, and because we provided easy ways to set up
application servers in local communities.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan