Re: Draft GR: Simplification of license and copyright requirements for the Debian packages.

On Mo, Jan 25, 2010 at 08:28:01 (CET), Luk Claes wrote:
>> Yes, exactly. In this draft GR I propose to ignore some DFSG-non-free
>> files, which includes sourceless files. Our social contract only
>> stipulates that the Debian sytstem must be DFSG-free. We already have
>> a non-free section for the non-free works that we would like to
>> distribute for the purpose of being used with the our operating
>> system. I think that our social contract also allow us to distribute
>> innert non-free files together with the source of the Debian system
>> as long as they do not take part of it.
>
> And who in their right mind do you expect to vote for ignoring DFSG
> non-freeness, people that want to leave the project?

Is this a threat or 'just' an insult?

> The source is part of the Debian system as you call it, so what it
> contains should be DFSG free.

This is your opinion/interpretation on our foundation documents. Since
Charles obviously doesn't follow here, a vote to determine consensus on
this disagreement seems appropriate.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4