Re: Question to Stefano, Steve and Luk about the organisation into packaging teams.

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> > Turning this into a question for you: why the core-team you are
> > imagining as a backup should not become the actual maintenance team
> > instead of staying in the backup role?
> .. to make the core-team the actual maintenance team and asking the
> existing maintainers to join it. In the end I don't have a problem
> if this team is somewhat bigger. What I think is valueable about such a
> team is the effects that come from beeing part of a team and beeing
> responsible.

Given the workload on many core packages, I think it's not really
reasonable to expect to have a big team responsible of many packages.
I rather like the fact that we have smaller teams each dedicated to
very few core packages. People can move from teams to teams and be part of
multiple teams if needed.

You can't have quality if you don't have 2-3 volunteers feeling personaly
responsible for a given package.

Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/