Re: GR proposal: the AGPL does not meet the DFSG

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:31:01PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
>
> > I hope that others will support this debian and co-op view.
>
> I continue to object to this GR as currently worded because it is a
> stealth delegate override that doesn't clearly state its implications and
> effects.  I encourage all DDs to not second it until it's been fixed, even
> if you agree with the substance.

The options I can see that might end up on the ballot would include:
- 4.1.3: override a delegate [1:1]
- 4.1.5: position statement about the AGFL [1:1]
  (Either the same as ftp-master, or the opposite.)
- 4.1.5.3: override a foundation document [3:1]

The last option is probably unlikely.

The problem I see with a position statement is that it's
non-binding and that the delegate's decission would still hold.
What ftp-master does with that is up to them.

I currently see no problem putting it under both of them,
and would like to see that clearly in the text of the
proposal.

Kurt