Re: GR proposal: the AGPL does not meet the DFSG

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
> > I hope that others will support this debian and co-op view.
>
> I continue to object to this GR as currently worded because it is a
> stealth delegate override that doesn't clearly state its implications and
> effects.  I encourage all DDs to not second it until it's been fixed, even
> if you agree with the substance.

Did the delegates decide this particular matter or was Bug #495721
merely a summary of current practice?  The statement there seemed
incomplete in significant ways.

Also, I think we should let the secretary to decide if a GR proposal
modifies some foundation document, overrides a delegate decision, or
requires amendment to be valid, rather than withholding seconds. I'm
not that great at bureaucracy, so I think it's better that only the
secretary decides the rules, rather than having every DD try to use
the rule book as a weapon.

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef