Re: lifting censorship during the DPL campaign ...

On 11696 March 1977, Sven Luther wrote:
> I come to you again, with the same request as i did last year, that you
> lift the censorship you are imposing on me for the duration of the DPL
> campaign on debian-vote.

As you obviously do not know the word, lets copy what a dictionary or
also Wikipedia has to say:

Censorship:
Censorship is the suppression of speech or deletion of communicative
material which may be considered objectionable, harmful or sensitive, as
determined by a censor.

This is *not* what is done in your case. You are free to say whatever
you want[1]. And none of your mails that made it to the lists got
deleted. What is done is called a Ban, Debian decided to no longer
be an audience for whatever you have to say. Quite different from
censorship Debian does *not* forbid you to speak, Debian just does not
want you to use up any Debian resource.

[1] respecting the usual laws everyone follows

> The current taboo i am under, is well beyond what the DAM originally
> decided after my explusion, and the "ask a DD to forward your mails"
> politic is not working (almost 50% or so of my mails are not forwarded,
> either because there is some pression on the would-be forwarders, or
> because people tell me what i say would not further their own argument
> and position).

Maybe you should listen to them, if so many of the people tell you its not
worth it.

> And yes, i am still hurting to even write this by the evil you have done
> to me, but i am also ready to forgive you, as i have amply shown in the
> past by proposing constructives approaches to solving the conflict which
> would have been in the best interest of debian, but which received no
> support at all.

> The ball is in your camp, as it was since the start of this mess.

I'm not sure how big the signs have to be before you read them, but this
"camp" does not want to be assigned with you anymore. The biggest
letters for years now read "MOVE ON, THERE IS MORE IN THE WORLD THAN
THIS Don Quichotte LIKE 'FIGHT' YOU PLAY"

--
bye, Joerg
I think there's a world market for about five computers.