Re: GR proposal: the AGPL does not meet the DFSG

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:09:39PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

> Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> wrote:
> > - - - - - - -
> > General Resolution made in accordance with Debian Constitution 4.1.5:
> >
> > The Debian project resolves that softwares licensed under the GNU Affero
> > Public License are not free according to the Debian Free Software Guideline.
> > - - - - - - -
>
> I second the above Resolution, although I note it is missing the world
> "General" before "Public".  My personal rationale is three-fold:

Thanks!

I like to say that I am in the process of improving the wording of this GR,
to address issues raised on this list.

In particular, I am considering making the rationale part of the GR text
(to make it a position statement from the project), but we would need more
discussion on this topic so we can agree on a rationale.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.