Re: GR proposal: Do not require listing of copyright holders

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> as per Constitution 4.1.3, I am proposing the following General
> Resolution.

Have we really reached the end of the normal informal discussion
process on this issue without resolution? Proposing a formal GR now
seems very premature.

> If you need to understand the rationale, please read the thread on
> debian-devel with "Sponsorship requirements and copyright files" as
> title, especially the 87wsajgefj.fsf@vorlon.ganneff.de and
> 87mybehqhx.fsf@vorlon.ganneff.de postings.

For what it's worth, my argument is summarised in Message-ID:
<87bprwlp7d.fsf@benfinney.id.au>
<URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/2009/03/msg00246.html>.

I'll underline the point that the discussion is *recent* and *ongoing*
on this issue, and many points have yet to be made. It still appears
quite feasible that a consensus will be reached *without* invoking any
formal procedure.

--
 \            “I was in the grocery store. I saw a sign that said ‘pet |
  `\      supplies’. So I did. Then I went outside and saw a sign that |