Re: Question for DPL Candidates: Debian $$$

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 09:24:29PM +0000, Joseph Nahmias wrote:

>>     2 - How should funds above that level be allocated?

> Other potential usages of Debian moneys are bounties, to which I'm not
> opposed in principle. However, they should obey to very specific
> rules. The first one is that no one already contributing to Debian
> should be authorized to pick them up (no dunc-tank 2). The second one
> is that they should be used only for tasks that we have a history of
> not being able to fulfill by ourselves, and that are considered
> blocking for some needed Project improvements. No matter how people
> can get emotional about this, this would be way better that let money
> rot in our bank accounts; money that people who love us have given us
> to improve what we do.

I don't think bounties are the answer. I agree however that money could
possibly be spent on tasks where we find no volunteer for. Though I
guess it will be hard to define such a task and would probably rather
expend money on ways to find a volunteer anyway (advertisement,
conference presence or whatnot).

Cheers

Luk