Re: Results of the Lenny release GR

[please don't CC me to emails to debian-vote]
Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 02:13:59PM +0000, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> > Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:
> >
> > > I think you mean both option 3 and 4 ranked above FD.  I read that as
> > > "I don't like these options, but if there's no choice, I prefer them over
> > > the ambiguity of not making any explicit decision".
> >
> > If one doesn't like an option, one ranks FD above it.
>
> The developers clearly preferred option 2 over option 4.  You can spin it as
> much as you want, but in the end, it means a straight vote between option 2
> and option 4 would have option 2 as the winner.

We appear to be talking at cross-purposes. I was disagreeing with your
statement that (3 and 4 both ranked above FD) => "I don't like these
options", since, the way to express "I don't like this option" is to
rank FD above it.

No-where did I say that the developers did not prefer option 2 over
option 4 (in fact, I've not addressed that point at all).

Regards,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."