Re: [Amendment] Reaffirm the GR process

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:42:40PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Hello developers,

> I am hereby proposing the amendement below to the General resolution
> entitled "Enhance requirements for General resolutions".

> PROPOSAL START
> General Resolutions are an important framework within the Debian
> Project, which have served us well since the first GR vote in 2003,
> with 804 developers, nearly has much as today slightly over 1000
> developers.

I disagree that GRs have served us well.  I found developers were much more
likely to seek consensus during the period when the GR procedure was
unavailable, and that having a mechanism for forcing a majority view on
people has only served to draw out the tendency to do exactly that.

But I also don't agree that raising the number of seconds required is an
appropriate way to handle this.

So I am seconding none of these proposals.

> Therefore the Debian project reaffirms its attachement to the constitution
> and the current General Resolutions process.

s/attachement/attachment/