Re: Results of the Lenny release GR

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 09:54:43PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Robert Millan said:
> > >
> > > They did vote for option 4, through the wonders of condorcet. more than
> > > half the voters were happy with that option (or it would not have beaten
> > > FD)
> >
> > For a very specific and convenient definition of "happy".  According to your
> > definition, the developers endorsed both delegating and not delegating at
> > the same time!
> >
> > I guess now you'll have a hard time explaining me what this means...
>
> Not at all.  Option 1 was the only option that failed to meet simple
> majority.  Every other option on the ballot beat it by somewhere between
> a factor of 2 and 3.  That seems like a pretty clear vote that the
> solution you are advocating is not what the project wants.

It seems as you're trying to vindicate option 4 by discrediting me by
discrediting option 1.  Basically:

  - Robert doesn't like option 4
  - Robert voted for option 1
  - Option 4 ranked above option 1

Therefore:

  - The project is endorsing option 4!!

This doesn't make any sense.  To begin with, my opinion is only a ridiculously
small part of the vote results.

> so I see
> that you haven't accepted the outcome.

Of course I have.