Re: Proposal - Project infrastructure team procedures

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 09:45:08AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         I think you are lending credence to Clint's argument about
>  cronyism and wholescale flouting of the constitution here.  At first
>  blush, this does seem like a failure of the DPL's in question to act.
>
>         Now, I must admit that cronyism or not, the release management
>  seems to be working, but at one point so were some of the other teams,
>  which have come under criticism of late for being obstructive.
>
>         It boils down to this: Do we want a project governed by a
>  constitution, or do we want brilliant, hard workers, with friends in
>  the DSA (or other infrastructure teams), gain powers be mere
>  proclamation, and then present the DPL with a fait accompli that they
>  would be loth to disrupt (since it would be an improvement over status
>  quo)?

At the same time, notice that the desire of teams to be less susceptible
to random changes by the DPL stems from the need to avoid cronyism by
the DPL, which is also possible, though that one is eventually repairable.
That is also valid concern IMO, although it is not as important as fixing
the potential for cronyism and other failures in the teams themselves
which doesn't have nearly the same amount of repairability.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.